How to Apply for Dental Hygiene
Future intakes to our Program will be in July 2023 and December 2023
Limited time offer! Free entrance examination! $150 Value.
Next class starts:July 24, 2023
Full time program: Monday to Saturday
Course length: 18 months
Call us today to schedule your entrance exam and a tour of our facility.
Tel : 604-215-7611
Toll Free: 1-800-457-3189
Ask to speak to an Admissions Coordinator
Steps to enter the Dental Hygiene Program
- Print out the Application form (found on the website or through your e-mail) and fill it out
- Send it to the College by mail, e-mail or fax
- Arrange to provide official transcripts to the admissions office
- Call or e-mail an Admissions Coordinator at the College to set up a date for a tour and Entrance Test
- Successfully score 70% or above on the Entrance Test and schedule a time and date for an interview
- Successfully complete the Interview
The Vancouver College of Dental Hygiene Inc. is accredited by The Commission on Dental Accreditation of Canada and The Private Career Training Institutions Agency.
If the dental hygiene program is oversubscribed; preference will be given to applicants according to the following priorities:
- Permanent residents of British Columbia
- Permanent residents of other provinces and territories in Canada
- Applicants from other countries
A comprehensive selection process will be used and admission will be granted to those candidates that rank highest in the selection process.
Successful applicants will be selected for one of the 52 available seats and/or one of the places on the waiting list, based on the following criteria:
- Academic performance in their pre-requisite first year university transfer courses.
- Mandatory pre-admission Test Results
- Mandatory pre-admission screening
- Other factors deemed relevant by the Dean and Admissions Committee
Note: Candidates will be notified by the VCDH if they have been selected for an interview. Only candidates offered an interview will be considered for admission. After the interview the candidates will be notified as to one of the three status options mentioned below:
- Conditionally accepted status
- Waiting list status
- Not accepted status
Final acceptance is dependant on the candidate providing proof of the requirements below .It is suggested, although not required, that the applicants have these documents submitted along with the initial application.
- Completion of First Year University Prerequisites
- Proof of immunization status for Hepatitis B & physician's interpretation of results
- Results of mandatory TB testing & physician's interpretation of results
- A completed Medical Health Form
- A current clear criminal record check (CPIC) * and Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS)
- Proof of current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification **